How It Works

How Cogeneration Workscogen_diagram_807_x_484_600x360

Consider the conventional power generation from large centralized power plants in operation today. Only about 33% of primary energy from these plants is turned into usable electricity. The other 67% is released into the atmosphere unused. More energy is lost as the electricity travels through the grid to reach its destination. And, additional energy is required to heat boilers for the separate generation of heat.

But there is another option. Combined heat and power – CHP cogeneration. This method integrates the production of usable heat and electrical power into one process. Combining the two processes means that heat is extracted while electricity is being generated – reducing waste significantly. The result – up to 90% of the primary energy is usable.

CHP plants can reach in excess of 90% primary energy use. Our systems significantly reduce energy cost, and it eases the strain on existing boilers – fueled by gas or heating oil – so they run more efficiently, or in some cases can be entirely eliminated. The process is fuel neutral – so it can be applied to both natural gas and biogases to produce renewable energy – all while reducing large amounts of CO2 emissions that pollute our air.
So, to maximize your bottom line, and minimize your environmental impact – CHP cogeneration is the only logical choice.

CHP systems are typically installed onsite, supplying customers with heat and power directly at the point of use, therefore helping avoid the significant losses which occur in transmitting electricity from large centralized plants to the customer.

CHP systems can be employed over a wide range of sizes, applications, fuels and technologies. The heat produced during power generation is recovered and can be used to raise steam for a number of industrial processes, to provide hot water for heating, or with appropriate equipment installed, cooling. Because CHP systems make extensive use of the heat produced during the electricity generation process, they can achieve overall efficiencies in excess of 90% at the point of use. Installing CHP is a way of making savings when compared to traditional systems.

some_text

some_text

some_text

some_text

some_text

Back to Top